February 19, 2013

My Top 5 Blushes.

Hello Everyone!
 
For today's post, I was a bit stuck on what to do so after giving it some thought I randomly decided to do a post about my 5 favourite blushes. I am a makeup fanatic and blushes are my weakness. I never stay faithful to the one blush and I'm always switching up which one I use. I just love the healthy glow of colour they add to your face.
I do have a few more blushes in my makeup collection however I decided to only show 5 as these are the ones that I find myself switching between the most.
 
These are in no particular order. (I couldn't pick which one I prefer more!)
Oh and the blushes featured below are all powder blushes as that is my preference.
 
 
Natural Collection Blush in Peach Melba    
(Swatch of Peach Melba)
 
If there is one blush I would recommend to everyone it would be this one. Natural Collection in Peach Melba. Not only is it a stunning colour BUT it's really good value for money as well, for those who are on a budget. Peach melba is exactly as the name would suggest, it's a beautiful pinky, peach shade which is incredibly pigmented so you only need to use a little bit of it. The blush is available in Boots and nowhere else (as far as I'm aware) and is only £1.99. Incredible value!
 
 
Mac Blush in Melba
 
 
Mac Melba is a lovely matte blush which is similar to Natural Collection's Peach Melba, however this blush is more peach / coral toned whereas Peach Melba is more pinky toned. This blush is also very pigmented so only a little amount of it is needed to add a bit of colour to your face.
This blush is available from any Mac Store and is £17.50 which is definitely a bit of a splurge for a blush but it's so worth it!
 
 
 
Sleek Blush In Suede
 
 
 
Sleek is one of my favourite makeup brands, it's great quality and good value too. What more could you ask for? Suede is a lovely deep coral/peach colour which looks good on all skin tones as it adds a nice healthy colour to the face. This blush is not quite matte, as if you look really closely you can see very subtle shimmers. This blush is available on the Sleek website and in some Superdrug stores and costs £4.49
 
 
Nars Blush In Deep throat
 
Nars Deep Throat is the sheerest of all the blushes and is not very pigmented so it does require a bit of layering up before you see the colour HOWEVER once you have built up the colour, it looks so lovely and adds a subtle but healthy glow to your complexion. Deep throat looks like a very deep pink colour in the pan with lots of gold shimmers, however it transfers very sheer and light.
Deep throat is one of the most expensive blushes in the selection and can be purchased on ASOS for £21.50.
 
 
Benefit Blush in Dandelion.  
 
As you can see from the images above, I do not own the full size version of this product. Instead I own a small sample of it from a cute little set I purchased from Benefit called Feelin' Dandy. This blush is a very subtle pink colour with slight shimmers which looks very natural on the skin and blends in very easily. It adds the perfect glow to your face without looking like you have too much makeup on. The full size product is available from all Benefit counters and can be purchased online. This blush is the most expensive of the lot at £23.
 
 
 
I hope this post is somewhat interesting for you all to read. It's taken me so long to write up so I hope I haven't gone on too much!

Paige.