June 02, 2013

A Little Beauty Haul.

Hello!
 
 

Today's post is just a little haul of beauty related items that I've picked up recently from Superdrug, Debenhams and online. There's not really a lot here so I hope you don't mind. I'll probably review some of these items over time so look out for those posts in the future!


So the first thing that I purchased was an Urban Decay Cream Shadow in the shade Suburbia. I purchased this product on amazon.co.uk, from a discount makeup seller. I have no idea what the original retail cost of this product is but I managed to get it for just over £3 which is pretty good for Urban Decay! I picked up Suburbia, which is a lovely bronzed, gold shade. I've only used this product once so far so I can't tell you very much about it other than the fact that it has a tiny doe foot applicator, and it applies very easily as it's a lovely creamy texture. 
 

Next thing I purchased was a Revlon Colourburst Lipstick in the shade Petal. Again, I purchased this from amazon from yet another discount makeup seller. I'm unsure of original retail price but I bought this for just £3.75 which I think is quite good. I've only used this once so all I can say for now is that it's a nice sheer pink colour, which I really quite like as I'm not a huge fan of pink lipsticks on me. It's a lovely nude colour which I think will definitely get a lot of use! I'd also just like to add that I love the quilted packaging of this product, it looks so sophisticated!
 
                        

The final product which I purchased from Amazon was a bronzing / blush duo. This product is called Africa, and is from a brand called W7 which I do have a few things from already. This product was very cheap, I think it was just over £2.50? I've read wonderful reviews about it comparing to MAC and Benefit bronzers, so I'm expecting good things from this product! Like the other products, I've only used this one once so far, so I can't say very much about it other than the fact that it's extremely pigmented and compliments my pale complexion very nicely.
 
Now we move onto the Superdrug purchases. The first thing I picked up is just a repurchase of a product that I've already used up. This is the vital vitamin foaming cleanser from Simple. Which is a skincare brand that I swear by. I use this cleanser in the mornings as a face wash rather than a makeup remover and it just helps my skin feel really refreshed and clean. This product retails for just under £5.

There's not much to say about this product other than it's a dry shampoo and it's an absolute lifesaver. I've tried the Superdrug own brand dry shampoo's before but nothing compares to the Batiste ones. The last one I finished up was the Blush one. I don't really have a preference to any particular one yet so I decided to try the fruity and cheeky cherry one for the first time. I'll let you know how I get on with it!
Another repurchase! This is the Schwarzkopf Liquid Silk Express Repair Leave in Conditioner. (Phew that's a mouthful!) I used this product quite a while ago when I had dip dyed hair and I found that it really helped make my hair look and feel a lot healthier. I haven't used it in quite a while so I'm hoping nothing's changed about it! I love the pearly, iridescent look that this product has. If you haven't seen it in store yet, have a look! This product retails for just over £3.00 which I think is really good for a hair care product.

Next is a bit of a random purchase, but it's some hair dye. Last year I began the process of going blonde, a few months ago I decided to go back to brunette and I've found that blonde is a really tricky colour to get rid of. It seems to be coming through in my fringe a lot, and you can really see it when the sun shines so I've picked up 2 boxes of Clairol's Nice' N Easy hair dye in the shade Natural Dark. Which as you can see is a really dark chocolatey colour. I'm hoping this will finally cover up this pesky blonde! I think these retail for just over £5.00.
 
Again, another repurchase! This is the Simple Kind To Skin, Hydrating Light Moisturiser. As I mentioned previously, I swear by this skin care brand! I use this as my everyday moisturiser as it's really replenishing and it sinks into the skin quite quickly. I've gone through a few bottles of this stuff now and I don't I'll ever use another product instead of this. This retails for about £3.00.

This is the last item in my haul and it is the only item from Debenhams. As I mentioned in yesterdays blog post, I went shopping in Leicester. One of the main reasons I set out to go to Leicester was to visit the MAC counter in Debenhams, in order to pick up 2 lipsticks. One being Saigon Summer and the other being Lady Danger. Needless to say I came back without either of them. They didn't stock Lady Danger in the counter I went to and I was a bit scared of Saigon Summer when I swatched it.

I wanted an orange lipstick but Saigon Summer just looked too bright on my hand, so in the end I settled for this lipstick which is called Coral Bliss. Coral Bliss is a lipstick that I've not really heard anything about on the internet but I took the plunge and purchased it anyway. Well, my boyfriend did anyway. So thank you to him! This is my fourth MAC lipstick but my first cremesheen one so I'm not fully sure what to expect from it. When I swatched it in store it was a lovely sheer, peachy colour so I'm hoping it'll look equally as nice when I wear it. (Which I haven't yet as I only got it yesterday)
I'll probably do a blog post on this lipstick in the future, so look out for that!


That's it for my little beauty haul now. Sorry it turned into such a long post, I didn't realise I had so much to say about some of them! Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed this post and I would love to hear back from any of you who have used any of these products!

Paige.