June 29, 2013

Dainty Doll Creme Blush Review.


Hello Everyone!

Today I'm going to be reviewing a piece of makeup from the Dainty Doll Range, created by Nicola Roberts. I've got a few pieces of makeup from this range and if I'm honest, I don't often use them. Not necessarily because I don't like them but because once I have a set everyday makeup routine, I rarely use any other products. That being said, I recently discovered a new found love for one of the Creme blushes from the range that I own. The product I'm talking about is the Dainty Doll Creme blush in 003, called Billion Dollar Babies.
 
This blush comes in a beautiful matte black compact with Dainty Doll printed in gold. The packaging looks incredibly high end due to the colours and I really like the simplicity of it. Inside is a small mirror which is really handy! However one thing that I don't like about the Dainty Doll Products is that they all have names, yet none of the names are printed on the product, just the product number. I personally like seeing the name of my product rather than just seeing a number as it helps me get a better idea of what kind of colour the product would be and in general I think it's just nice to know the name of your product!

Billion Dollar Babies is a muted pinky, taupe colour which at best can be described as a nude shade.
When I first got this blush, I didn't think much of it and it wasn't until I saw Gabrielle Rose (a youtuber) use it for contouring in her Drugstore Makeup Tutorial video that I got the idea to use it to contour my face. I've been using it non stop for the past few days and I can honestly say that I really do love it. It's such a natural colour which goes on quite sheer but can easily be built up to create a nice natural pinky / brown colour which makes for a lovely contour. I really like how natural this looks on the skin, it suits me as a pale person much better then a normal bronzey colour. As you would expect from a Creme blush it wears nicely throughout the day and doesn't budge or slide so it's quite long lasting unlike some powder products.




I've included this image to show you what Billion Dollar Babies looks like as a contour. Here I've applied it to the hollows of my cheekbones using my Real Techniques Contour Brush to blend it in. As you can see from this image, it's a very natural and subtle colour but it does the job and contours my cheekbones nicely!
 
I think this blush originally retails for over £10, however as some of you may have noticed lately, all Dainty Doll products have dropped rapidly in price, what this means exactly I'm not sure. Hopefully this doesn't mean that it's being discontinued as a brand as I personally really like Dainty Doll! I got this from either Amazon or Fragrance Direct and payed somewhere between £2 - £3 odd for it which is amazing value.
 
So overall I'd have to say that I really do love this product and I highly recommend it to any pale girls out there who struggle to contour without looking too cakey or too dark!

Have you tried this product? What do you think?
Are there any Dainty Doll products you would recommend me to try out?

Paige.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment