June 15, 2013

Mini Haul.

 

Hello Guys!

Today's post is a mini haul! I've been a bit naughty recently and I treated myself to a few things when I'm meant to be saving. Although I have to credit myself and say I did only spend just over £16! I went shopping today and had a delivery come this morning so I thought I'd share with you what I got. I got 3 beauty bits from Fragrance Direct and 1 item of clothing from Primark. I should hopefully be reviewing the beauty items sometime in the future but for now, I can only tell you my first impressions as I'm yet to use them.
 


The first thing I'm going to talk about is this Manhattan Soft Mat Lip cream. I bought this from Fragrance Direct for 99p and I got it in the shade 53 M. I've never heard anything about this brand, and I still don't know very much about it now. I think this might be a German brand but don't take my word for it as I'm not too sure. I have one other soft mat lip cream from another brand, but what I can tell so far, they are very similar. This product comes in a small plastic tube, which has a doe foot applicator. It's a nice, small, compact lip product which will prove very useful when on the go. Although in this image, the soft mat lip cream looks peach, in reality it's more of a pinky / red colour. I am yet to use this product yet as it only just arrived this morning but I shall review it sometime soon.




 
Now the next thing I got was the Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in the shade Citrus Slice. I picked this up from Fragrance Direct for £1.99, saving me £5! I've seen these lipsticks in store and was always curious about them. They're so odd with their bright neon packaging, bold colours and the fact that the lipstick itself is translucent. It just totally drew me in. I had a feeling that because it was clear / see through in the bullet that meant that the lipstick colour itself would be very sheer and when I did swatch it, I was right. It goes on very sheer, with a slight bit of colour and a nice shine to it. I'm glad that I got this for the discounted price of £1.99 as I feel like it isn't really worth the full price of £7. It's an interesting product to say the least but it just seems to be a really overpriced, slightly coloured gloss.


 

The next thing I got was the NYC Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in the colour Taupe. I got this for 99p, saving me about £1. I've had a fair few coloured eyeliners over the years but never a brown one. I've noticed quite a few people seem to be opting for brown eyeliner instead of black these days, as it's less harsh, so I thought I'd give it a go myself. I've got one other NYC eyeliner in white and that is quite a good product so I'm hoping that it'll be the same story for this one too!



The next and final thing I picked up, was a shirt from Primark which cost me £10. This is a cute little boxy cropped shirt which I couldn't resist leaving in the store. It's a size 12, which is 2 sizes too big for me but I figured because it's cropped, I can probably get away with it. I've been really into polka dot prints lately, and this shirt is no exception. The white polka dots, contrast nicely against the blue colour of the shirt and I feel like this would look great paired with a skater skirt and some red lipstick! I'll probably feature this in an outfit of the day post soon, so keep an eye out for it!

I hope you enjoyed this post!

Paige.

10 comments:

  1. I really like the orange colour, perfect for summer !
    Your blog is lovely !
    xManon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow~ it's my first time seeing a transparent lipstick :O I don't think that's available here in Canada though, and i'm also wondering if it's moisturizing :) Also, love the polka dot crop top you got♥

    -Micah
    http://justmocah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fascinating to look at! It is really moisturizing actually, there just isn't really any colour pay off which is disappointing :(
      Thank you :)

      Lovely blog by the way!

      Delete
    2. oh no~ that's a let down D: although it's pretty to look at! :)
      Thank you!♥ I wanted to follow you too but I couldn't find the follow button on your page :S

      -Micah

      Delete
    3. I do still like the shine it creates so it's not all bad I guess :) Ooh, I accidently removed it a little while back but I've added it back now! It's just underneath my blog archive :}

      Delete
    4. aww.. too bad I can't find it here D: Yay! just followed you!♥ Can't wait for you're future posts! :)

      -Micah

      Delete
    5. Woo!♥ Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  3. You should try the Cherry Pop colour Paige, it's got more colour pay off...and it smells like lollypops :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh sounds lovely! I might just give it a go :) xxx

      Delete