June 03, 2013

My MAC Lipstick Collection.

Hello Readers!



Today's post will be my MAC lipstick collection. Now, before I start this please take note that I do not have many at all. I have 4 lipsticks, and would like to add more to my collection in the future however as for now I am happy with the amount I have. I really don't have the money to be spending £14 on a single lipstick, especially when you can get something equally as good on the high street. But that being said, I do like the occasional high end splurge!




Now my first ever MAC lipstick was Please Me. I purchased this whilst I was on holiday in America. It was my first time inside a MAC store, and I was rather overwhelmed at the whole experience, so when the lady who served me asked me what I wanted I blurted out "a nice pink lipstick". I have no idea why I asked for a pink lipstick, as I really don't like the colour pink on me very much. I feel like as a brunette I can't really pull it off.

Please Me is a matte pink shade. I'd say it's a very mid toned pink which has a lovely vanilla scent to it. It's a bold colour without being too vibrant at the same time, if that makes any sense. As this is a matte lipstick I tend to find it quite drying sometimes, and it can also stick to any dry bits of skin on my lips which isn't a good look. Despite not being a massive fan of pink on myself, I do wear it every now and again as it is a nice colour.

I've had this lipstick since 2011 and it really hasn't had much use at all, so despite being a nice colour, I don't think I'll be repurchasing this one again.
If any of you like this colour but don't want to spend the money, I recommend Revlon's Pink Pout lipstick, which I also own! It's pretty much the exact dupe of this product for about £10 less!



 

My second MAC lipstick was Myth. Myth is a satin finish, which means it has a really creamy texture with minimal shine to it. Myth is flesh toned, pale nude colour which definitely is not for everyone as it can have the tendency to look a little bit concealer lips on some skin tones. I personally love Myth and I hail it as being the perfect nude for my skin tone. I occasionally wear it during the day, but I mostly wear it on nights out as it looks great with a smokey eye and some nude gloss on top.

The only downside to this product is that sometimes it can look a little bit cakey on the lips and it has the tendency to occasionally stick to dry patches of skin on my lips. However I love this colour too much so I'm willing to over look that.

As you can see from the image I've included above, Myth has definitely been used multiple times and I hadn't realised the extent of how much it'd been used until I took pictures for my blog today! It looks like I may have to look into buying a back up some time soon. This is definitely a lipstick that I will repurchase time and time again, no matter how much it costs!

Russian Red was my 3rd MAC Lipstick and was kindly bought for me by my boyfriend so thank you very much to him! Russian Red is a matte lipstick, so some of you may find this slightly drying. Russian Red is a really in your face, blue toned red so this is not one for the faint hearted. The blue tones in this lipstick help to make it really bright and also help make your teeth look whiter which is always a bonus! As this lipstick is so pigmented, application can be a bit tricky, as you can see from my photo above (oops). Whenever I want a bright red lip, this is the lipstick I go to as it's such a stunning colour and always attracts attention.

I haven't used it a great deal yet as I felt like it didn't suit me when I went through a stage of having blonde hair, however now I am a brunette again it'll be getting plenty of use!

I will be repurchasing this lipstick again in the future.

 
Now as you would have saw in my last post, Coral Bliss is my newest lipstick. Today was my first day of wearing it, so I haven't fully yet formed an opinion on this product, so please bare that in mind! Coral Bliss is my first cremesheen lipstick, and I must admit I'm quite a fan of this formula. Cremesheen lipsticks go on really sheer and glossy, so the colour of the lipstick is never exactly what you get on your lips. I love this colour as it's a nice subtle peachy colour which is really pretty and very fitting for the spring / summer months. I thought this went with my pale complexion rather nicely so for those of you are pale like me and wanting a nice peachy lipstick then I highly recommend this one! It lasted rather well on my lips also and only required 2 touch-ups through out the day which I was quite surprised about!

That's it for my MAC lipstick collection, I hope you enjoyed! Hopefully I'll be adding a few more to my collection in the future.

Have you tried any of these lipsticks? What MAC lipsticks would you recommend?
Let me know!


Paige.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment