June 25, 2013

Naked Basics Palette Review.

 

Hello Everyone!

Today I'm going to be reviewing the Naked Basics Palette from Urban Decay. Now I know I'm a bit late to jump on the band wagon with this product, but I've had it for quite a few months and I've only just decided to review it. When reading reviews or watching youtube videos of people talking about this product I've noticed quite a lot of them saying that they weren't overly excited about purchasing this product until they began using it. Some even said they'd put off buying it for ages because it didn't seem like anything special.


When I first found out about Urban Decay launching a 3rd Naked Palette, I was over the moon. I only had the first one at that point so I couldn't wait to get my hands on another one! This palette retails for £20 which I think is quite reasonable. This palette contains 6 eye shadows, 5 of them are matte, and one has a slight shimmer to it. These shadows are all neutral shades, as you would expect.


 

This photo above shows all of the eye shadows from the palette. From left to right there's:
Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint and Crave.
Venus is the shimmery white shade. Foxy is a creamy, yellow shade. Walk of Shame is a beige / pink colour. Naked 2 is a light beige brown colour. Faint is a chocolate shade and crave is a very dark black colour.

All of these shades are incredibly pigmented, particularly Crave which has an amazing colour pay off! I normally find most black eye shadows quite disappointing but this one does not let me down!

The colours in this palette are great for creating a nice smokey eye look and the variety of shades allow you to go from a day look to a night look very easily. I've used this palette multiple times when creating a smokey eye as the shades are all so great!
 
 
The packaging of this product is a nice sleek, rubbery plastic box with "Naked Basics" embossed on it in a nice grey / metallic shade. The palette is very small and compact, so is therefore great for when you're travelling. I found that the original Naked Palette is quite big and can therefore be quite challenging trying to travel with or even store. So this size is really quite convenient! It also contains a mirror in the compact so this also comes in handy when trying to apply makeup on the go!

I definitely would recommend this palette 100% to anyone who is interested! It's got all the shades you need and can easily double as a brow kit also. Definitely worth £20!



Does anyone else in the blogging world have this problem? You take out a product to start photographing it and then moments later your cat decides to go to sleep on top of it? Little devil that he is!

That's all for this post! I hope you enjoyed it.
Have you used this product? What do you think of it?

Paige.


2 comments:

  1. I really want to try this! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can get a hold of it, I'd definitely recommend you try it! It's such a great product :) xxx

      Delete