July 03, 2013

June Favourites

 
 
Hello Readers!
 
 
Today I'm doing my first ever monthly favourites post! I wasn't sure if I'd ever find myself doing these posts as I feel like I don't switch up my products often enough as I'm the type of person who once they've found something they like, they stick to it. I'm hoping that if I enjoy doing this post I'll make it a regular thing to update my blog with my monthly favourites. These are my favourite products from the month of June. I can't believe that's us in to July already, this year is flying by so fast and it's scary! Especially considering the fact I haven't done much during my "Summer". Enough rambling, now on with the post!
 

The first product I'm going to talk about is a blush. This is MAC's Melba blush, which my boyfriend got me for my birthday back in November. I use this product on and off all the time but I've really been loving it this month. As it's Summer and the weather is starting to be a bit more summer like, I've been really getting into wearing more of a bronzed makeup look and this adds a lovely peachy flush of colour to my cheeks!
 

The next product I'm going to talk about is Collection 2000's Sheer Loose Powder in Translucent. This is a product I've used on and off for a year or two now. I used to swear by this powder but recently I started using another one by L'Oreal and stopped using this one. However this month I randomly picked it up and started using it again and I have rediscovered my love for it! I love the way this looks on my skin and I feel like it helps to set my makeup nicely without making it look cakey and it also helps make my makeup last longer unlike my L'Oreal one which seems to wear off quite quickly.
 
 
Next is Dainty Doll's Creme blush in Billion Dollar Babies which I featured in a post just a few days ago. As I mentioned in my review of this post, I was never really overwhelmed by this product until I started using it as a contour. It makes the perfect contour colour as it's a light taupe / pink colour which looks lovely and natural on the pale skin. I've been loving using this to help create a nice bronzed summer makeup look.

 
Another product that I've rediscovered my love for! I bought this mascara months back when seeing Youtuber BeautyCrush say it was one of her favourite mascaras. At first I wasn't really impressed with this mascara, I thought it was okay but nothing special. I stopped using it after a few weeks and began using Benefits They're Real Mascara. Since running out of that mascara I started using this one again and I can honestly say that I love it. I feel like it makes my lashes really volumized and long. Mascara is mascara to me and none of them seem to differ that much for me. My lashes are quite short and stubby so it was nice to finally find a mascara that seems to do something for me.
 

Finally, my last favourite makeup product of this month has been the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. I've been loving using this product for both my eyes and eyebrows. I've been enjoying using Walk of Shame, the pinky toned cream shadow all over my lid as an everyday colour. I've also been enjoying using a mixture of Naked 2 and Faint the two brown shades as my eyebrow colour. I've always struggled trying to find the perfect eyeshadow colour to fill in my brows (when I occasionally do it), normally I end up going too dark but finally I've found the right combination!
 
That's it for my first ever monthly favourites post!
I hope you have enjoyed.
What are your views on these products? What have been your June Favourites?
Let me know in the comments!

Paige.


No comments:

Post a Comment