September 20, 2013

Mini Haul #6

 
Hello Everyone.

I'd like to apologize again for my recent absence from my blog. I've been very busy recently preparing and packing for when I move out this Saturday and move all the way to Nottingham. Although most of my money has gone on buying home ware stuff, I did decide yesterday that I would wander up town to pick up some items that I'd seen in Primark the other week and I'd been thinking about. This is just another mini haul as I don't really do massive splurges anymore, I hope it's still interesting for you all!
 


The first thing I picked up was this Varsity Style T-shirt. This is one of the items that I spotted last week when I was in Primark but didn't pick up and then ended up having remorse about not picking it up whilst I was at home. When the sports luxe trend began I was adamant that it just wasn't for me and I wouldn't be seen dead in any of the varsity style tops. However, after seeing them everywhere for so long and seeing how amazingly some bloggers seemed to style it, I really wanted one. I'm not sure personally if I'm brave enough to wear it out in public, but if not I'll definitely wear it around the flat as a slouchy top. This was only £6 so whether it makes it out the door or not it wasn't much of a loss!



The next thing I picked up was something that must have been new as I hadn't seen it when I was in the week the before. The moment I saw this top hanging up, I rushed towards it. This is a beautiful little tartan peter pan collar crop top, and the photo just really doesn't do it justice. I picked this up in a size 10 so it wasn't super cropped and I am very happy with the fit of this. This little top was only £6 and I think I'll get lots of wear out of it during the A/W season as tartan is bang on trend. I can't wait to style this top and hopefully I'll be able to show you in a OOTD very soon!



Next item is a bit dull and there's not a lot I can really say about them but I picked up a black pair of frilly socks for somewhere under £3. These were super cheap in comparison to the Topshop ones but I'm sure they're just as good!



Next I wandered into Superdrug and decided to pick up this new liquid cheek tint by Rimmel London. I saw this on the Rimmel London website a few days ago and was instantly intrigued by it. This is clearly Rimmels more affordable rivalry product to popular cheek tints such as Benefit's Posie Tint, Benetint etc. They only have 2 shades available, one being "Sunkissed Cherry" which is the one I picked up and the other being "Pop of Pink." I haven't really heard anything at all about this product, no-one seems to have spoke about it so far so I'll be sure to do a review on it as soon as I form an opinion on it. This retails for about £4.50 however there was a buy one get one half price offer on superdrug and this therefore only came to about £2.25 which is a really good deal for a brand new product!



The final thing I picked up was this Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara. This is also a fairly new product for Rimmel and I decided to just pick it up on a whim whilst looking for a new mascara. I'm not really faithful to one particular mascara brand so I normally just pick up whatever takes my fancy at the time. The only reason I picked up a Rimmel one was due to the offer that was on at the time. I've used maybe about 2 Rimmel Mascaras throughout my life time. One being one of the Volume Flash ones which didn't really make an impact on me and the other being the Glam Eyes Day 2 Night one which I actually quite liked. I decided to pick up the this particular mascara however due to it's claims of creating a "bold, wide-eyed, false lash look". I also was rather drawn to the retro looking monochrome packaging and the whole 60's style campaign behind it. I am yet to use this so I shall do a review on this mascara in time once I have formed an opinion of it. This retails for £6.99.


That's all for today's mini haul. I hope you have enjoyed this and found this some what interesting.
I will be making my move up to Nottingham as of tomorrow so I'm not 100% sure about whether or not I'll be posting anything for the next 2 days or so. Hopefully you all understand what a busy and stressful weekend this will be for me. I can't believe I'm about to move out
of my family home for the first time!

I shall be back posting soon hopefully, depending on how quickly I settle in!
I hope you're all well.

Paige.




2 comments:

  1. Oooh good luck in the move! I hope all goes well sweet.
    I really liked the look of this cheek tint - shall keep an eye out for a future post.
    Both tops look great too - i wish the tartan one wasnt cropped though :(

    xx | PixiRella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, It means a lot :) I'm getting so nervous now!
      I'll definitely make sure I review it seen as how there doesn't seem to be much being said about it at the minute. Thank you, I wish it wasn't either! I bought it 2 sizes up so it fits more like a normal top now thankfully! xx

      Delete