October 01, 2013

Origins Super Spot Remover Review.

 
Hello Readers,

It's finally October! As some of you may know, October is National Blogging month, otherwise known as "Blogtober". Blogtober is a challenge in which a blogger has to try and post everyday in the month of October. (Pretty self explanatory, I know) I have decided to try and attempt this challenge although I really don't know if I'll do it haha. For my first Blogtober post I will be doing a review of the Origins Super Spot Remover.

I've had this product since March so I've been using it long enough to have formed an opinion on it. I'm not really a skincare person at all so I don't tend to experiment much with products. Prior to picking this up I had never tried a Origins product before, I knew of the brand but never bothered to look at any of the stuff they did. I hadn't even heard of this product until one evening when I was watching a video from Youtuber DollyBowBow and she recommended this product for dealing with spots. I was having a bit of a bad time with my skin and thought I would pick it up. This tiny little bottle retails for an eye watering £14. I was in 2 minds whether or not to purchase this as £14 is a lot of money for such a tiny little bottle. However I decided if I should splurge on something, surely it should be skincare.

 

*Sorry for how dirty the packaging is, it was in my make-up bag previously*

This is Origins Description for their Super Spot Remover;
Red PMS blemish? Bad joke breakout? Heal, fight and fade it fast. Just dab on a dot and feel blemish-busting Salicylic Acid instantly help speed healing while anti-spot technology helps visibly correct post blemish darkening. Skin-calming Caffeine and Red Algae help visibly relieve irritating redness. And to help keep skin looking spotless, super exfoliators eliminate excess oils and pore-clogging debris.

First let me start of by saying that you get 10ml of product within the bottle and surprisingly it does last a long time. Like I said, I picked this up in March of this year, we're now in October and I'm just over half way so that's quite impressive. You don't need to put much of this on at all as a little goes a long way with this one, which is just as well considering the tiny sized bottle.

This is a gel treatment so after dabbing a bit of this on a blemish it will harden within 5 minutes and begin to dry out the imperfection. I personally found that on certain blemishes, in particular spots that were quite big or angry looking, they did tend to sting after I had applied this product. The stinging would only last for a few moments and stopped after the gel had began to harden. I'm not sure if everyone who has used this product has experienced this, I've read a few reviews where people have mentioned nothing about it and others where they have stated that they also experienced the same slight stinging sensation. This product has quite a strong scent to it which at best can be described as a sort of medical scent. It was quite overwhelming at first however the more you use it, the more you become accustomed to the scent and now it doesn't faze me whatsoever.

Despite the occasional slight pain, the product does do what it's meant to do so in that sense I don't mind it too much. This product drastically reduces a spot in size and also reduces the redness of a spot very quickly. However I try to only use this when I have quite severe spots which prove to be stubborn, sore or big as I feel it's a bit harsh to use on a regular basis and on tiny little blemishes which will easily go away within a day or so.

I personally have found that if I apply too much of this for too long the Salicylic Acid in it actually causes my skin to peel. Salicylic Acid is a chemical which is used for a number of different skin conditions including psoriasis, warts etc. It's used as it softens the outside layer of the skin therefore allowing it to shed and peel. So I'd advise you to be very careful with this product as for me the peeling skin was more horrific than the spots I was trying to get rid of. The skin that peeled off took about a week to heal and during that time It upset me quite a lot as there was nothing I could do to hide it or make it look a little less obvious. If I covered it with makeup, halfway through the day it would look absolutely horrendous as my makeup was peeling off too. So for me that side effect of the product really got me down, however I have learnt my lesson and am now more responsible with how much of this product I apply and how often.

I personally found it to be quite a powerful spot remover and therefore I believe it's too harsh to use on a regular basis. I now use another spot treatment to treat any slight blemishes I have and only ever use the Origins one on spots that are quite stubborn or large, like I said earlier on in my post.

I hope this review has been somewhat useful to any of you who are looking into picking this product up. Have you used this product? What do you think of it?
Let me know in the comments as I'd love to hear some other opinions of this product!

I hope you're all well.

Paige.

 

 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment