January 05, 2014

Warby Parker - The Leith Clark Collection

 
Hello Readers,

I'd just like to say how sorry I am for not updating my blog in almost a month! I have now finished my Christmas temp job so I now have the time to sit down and blog again. I'm hoping to just get back into the swing of posting more regularly (or so she says) I have a fair few posts planned, most of them are reviews so keep your eyes peeled! Today I'm going to be blogging about Warby Parker, an eyewear company who I was recently contacted by to help promote some of their collections.

Warby Parker is a company that was set up by four friends, who wanted to introduce diversity to the eyewear market. They set up the company with the aim to create stylish, high quality and affordable eyewear. What more could you possibly want! Their collections are all very unique and best of all vintage inspired. I decided to blog about the Leith Clark x Warby Parker collection in particular. This collection is an exciting collaboration between Warby Parker and Leith Clark - a well known stylist to the stars and founder and editor of Lula Magazine.

Leith Clark herself has a very cute, vintage style so her collaboration with Warby Parker really shows that off. When talking about the collection she designed, Leith Clark described what exactly had inspired her;
"I like the 1960s, librarians, nerdy girls. I like glasses you had when you were a kid — or that your dad wore when you were a kid — and wearing them now.
I like Bergman. Big thick glasses on a little, tiny face. When there are etchings or engravings or magically-made materials.
I like pearls, brass, opera glasses. Everything being all violet. I like seeing the world with a pretty pink tint to it."
Leith Clark

 
This collection consists of 5 beautiful frames, each with a variety of lens colours to choose from so you can really personalise the glasses to suit your taste. Here is a selection of images of the frames, each modelled by American actress Zoe Kazan.


Aurora - Daughter of Pearl
Aurora’s marbled acetate, rimless lenses, and a keyhole bridge add up to a strong dose of vintage charm.




Greta - Crystal
Putting on Greta’s perfectly circular lenses is the quickest way to boost your look.



Marva - Cobalt Leaf
Marva’s subtle brow arch and round lenses make for a completely enchanting pair.




Wednesday - Noir
Wednesday’s cat-eye shape, titanium temples, and acetate temple tips are a winning combination for any face shape.

 

Willow - Aldabra
Petite faces will take to Willow’s delicate oval frames and slightly cat-eyed silhouette.

I for one, really like this collection. The frames are beautifully designed and look ever so chic. The collection is both sassy and smart so it's appealing to a large market. I love the vintage yet modern look these glasses have to them! I think my favourite pair would have to be the Marva Cobalt Leaf pair with the purple tinted lenses. They're so different and I think that's what makes them really stand out, they're just so striking.
 
Warby Parker do a great selection of both eyewear and sunglasses, so there's something for everyone. Not only that, but for every pair of glasses sold, they distribute a pair for someone in need which is incredibly kind. Infact, this summer just gone they donated an amazing half a million pairs of glasses to people in need! With the Leith Clark collection in particular, they also donate a percentage of the money they earn from sales to Girl Up, a United Nations Foundation campaign mobilizing American girls to raise awareness and funds for UN programs that provide life-changing opportunities to girls around the world.

So with all that being said, I'd highly recommend checking this brand out if you're ever in need of glasses or sunglasses. With glasses ranging from £95 and the many great charitable things this company does, it's definitely worth having a look at what they have!
 
What are your thoughts of the Leith Clark Collaboration? What is your favourite pair?
Let me know!
 
 




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment